Switched from verizon postpaid to verizon prepaid. sms issue!!!!!!
romakje

I recently switched from verizon post paid to verizon prepaid on 17 october 2016. I have an iphone 6. Since the switch I have discovered that i am not receiving some text messages. I am not sure how many messages ive missed but it is causing issues with my employment. I have called customer service numerous times and I now refuse to talk to any of the reps that answer the phone. I have gone through the troubleshooter numerous times. I have reset my phone. fiddled with imessage, turned my data on and off. Customer service for prepaid had just danced with me walking me through steps like I am a child.

I have been with verizon for some years now and have always loved the service. When I tell a customer service agent that it has something to do with my switch to prepaid, the technical walkthrough script they read doesnt cover that issue so they get confused and never help.

What I did was test my dilemma on my roommates phone and the verizon messaging service online to confirm my situation. I wish tech support had an email or more one on one support with an actually person who understands the issue.

I have attached photos of the issue from my test messages. There must be a fix or I am just a crazy person like the reps think I am.

The last image is what i received on my iphone. I have even tried it by putting my sim in my iphone 5s and the same thing happens.

verizon message web1.PNGverizon message web2.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched from verizon postpaid to verizon prepaid. sms issue!!!!!!
romakje

Update**

I spent about 3 hours on the phone today with Verizon. Most of it on hold! I was transferred multiple times back and forth only to be asked the same questions. While most of the reps were polite, and understood that issue is above there pay grade, is no excuse for not solving my problem. I was even transferred to a automated trouble shooter. I asked to speak to someone higher only to be placed on hold for 30 min and get the same dept. the last rep told me to switch back to postpaid because she couldn't help. Now I would like a refund. I missed a day of work.

0 Likes