Why Can't I Connect To Wi-Fi While Using Chrome?
fpotee

For last few months have not been able to connect to wifi networks that I use to be able to connect to. When try to connect chrome opens a window and says that "Your connection is not private". How can I get past this ? I have reset the phone I have deleted browsing history in chrome .Not sure where to go next. Others who don't have chrome are using wifi at the same location that I can not .

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can not connect to certain wifi networks with chrome
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am pretty familiar with this error message. I was getting the same thing on my S7. It was pretty frustrating.

Do you get the same error when you use a dfferent browser?

I did some research and found out you'll see this error if you have any antivirus software that provides "HTTPS protection" or "HTTPS scanning" that prevents Chrome from providing security.

To fix the problem, try turning off your antivirus software. If the webpage works after turning off the software, turn off this software when you use secure sites.

*****Remember to turn your antivirus program back on when you're done.

Please let me know how that works for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you signed in to chrome??

0 Likes
fpotee

Yes and the link that was posted does nothing. Did that already

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am pretty familiar with this error message. I was getting the same thing on my S7. It was pretty frustrating.

Do you get the same error when you use a dfferent browser?

I did some research and found out you'll see this error if you have any antivirus software that provides "HTTPS protection" or "HTTPS scanning" that prevents Chrome from providing security.

To fix the problem, try turning off your antivirus software. If the webpage works after turning off the software, turn off this software when you use secure sites.

*****Remember to turn your antivirus program back on when you're done.

Please let me know how that works for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes