Dropped calls, poor service 06489
Katscooter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon for many years and have enjoyed great service coverage until about 6 months ago. Calls are dropping at an increasing rate, we can no longer make calls from our home without using wifi calling, and there is suddenly very low to no signal in the 1-2 mile radius from my house. I thought this was isolated to my area, but now reading others posts, other towns and states have the same issue. Now I have been checking my signal as I drive and find it is consistently 1-2 bars. What happened Verizon? This decrease in service coverage / strength is a big problem... I will have to find another carrier if it does not improve soon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dropped calls, poor service 06489
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for reaching out to us. I did double check and everything is looking good in the area. Is this happening everywhere you drive and go? Or is it just within the 2 mile radius? We want to help isolate this and get you situated.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thanks for reaching out to us. I did double check and everything is looking good in the area. Is this happening everywhere you drive and go? Or is it just within the 2 mile radius? We want to help isolate this and get you situated.

0 Likes
Katscooter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am surprised you say everything is fine when I spoke to a representative the other day and he said everything is Not good in my area and confirmed service has been inconsistent with a lot of complaints from others as well. From what I understand, Verizon adjusted the service range on the cell towers to reach a wider range and in doing so has weakened the signal. A new tower is going up in my area which will help but no one can say when it will be up and running.  I have been noticing a weak signal in most places now (outside of the 2 mile radius), with spurts of stronger signals here and there. This is not the Verizon coverage I am used to.

ENGINE3MJL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I for the past 6 months have dropped calls consistantly. I've called Verizon and get the same lip service. Nothing has been done and it's getting worse. When you're on a conference call and the call fails 6 times, It puts me at wits end. i know it's not a big deal to Verizon, but I'm looking to switch all of our phone and company phones to Sprint. Nearly the same service, but at half the price.

ENGINE3MJL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Y'all told me the same thing. Still drop calls everywhere. So done complaining to deaf ears at verizon

ENGINE3MJL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been with Verizon for the past 20 years. Sad I'm being forced to find another company due to lack of service. Every time I complain to Verizon, I'm wasting over an hour and nothing gets changed. They are happy to collect top dollar for very subpar service. Last time I was talking to verizon I had call fail 4 times so you have to start over with a different tech Even though they say they will call you back. Never happens. Just another example of the poor customer service to go along with the extremely poor phone service.

PAULAMASON69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same complaint in the Houston area. 

0 Likes
PAULAMASON69
Enthusiast - Level 2

And when you do call in, they ask for your number in case you get disconnected. But they have never called back. I'd have better luck calling someone in India.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PAULAMASON69,

We want you to have the best connection possible. Please tell me more about your experience in the Houston area. What difference do you see when you're outdoors versus indoors? How is your service when you’re in other areas? Are texting and data impacted as well? 

-Ryan

0 Likes