Is a shattered screen covered by manufacturer's warranty?
TERMCL50

I recently got a new Galaxy S7 and had the bad luck of the phone falling screen down onto a hardwood floor from table height. The screen shattered. It thought that the S7 phones had a more durable exterior to sustain impact? I was wondering if there is some type of manufacturer's warranty on this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cracked screen
rcschnoor
Legend

TERMCL50 wrote:

I recently got a new Galaxy S7 and had the bad luck of the phone falling screen down onto a hardwood floor from table height. The screen shattered. It thought that the S7 phones had a more durable exterior to sustain impact? I was wondering if there is some type of manufacturer's warranty on this?

Manufacturer's warranty does not cover physical damage due to dropping the device. You will have to get it repaired/replaced on your own if you do not have insurance.

Keep in mind if you purchased the device on payments and want to upgrade early where you would have to return this device, only repairs performed by an authorized repair facility would make the device eligible to do so.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

TERMCL50 wrote:

Manufacturer's warranty does not cover physical damage due to dropping the device. You will have to get it repaired/replaced on your own if you do not have insurance.

Keep in mind if you purchased the device on payments and want to upgrade early where you would have to return this device, only repairs performed by an authorized repair facility would make the device eligible to do so.

Weth
Legend

The screens used are shatter resistant, but certainly not shatter proof.  Hit with enough energy in the wrong way and it will shatter.  It is all bad luck and physics.  The manufacturer does not cover damage and makes no specific promise how shatter resistant the glass is. 

0 Likes
bozowing

I did the same in the upper left, but does anyone know if this will damage/efeect Wi-Fi capabilities?  For some reason my internet is dramtically slowed and when it does respond it's like poof total screen change.

I verified it's not my internet with my laptop and my fife Note 5 and nether have any streaming issues.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

A shock can dislodge connections in internal components behind the screen

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

Bozowing, I am sorry to learn of the damage to the phone and the change in how the phone connects to WIFI. As one of our community members mentioned, internal damage may have occurred due to the drop. If other devices do not have trouble with the same wifi connection we can conclude this is device specific. I recommend if you have insurance to file an insurance claim to learn how visit http://vz.to/2e3rT5Y.

0 Likes