When I make changes to the cloud on my desktop, why doesn't change on my phone?
Kelli1234

I spent a lot of time on-line in my cloud deleting pictures and cleaning it up. But when I look on my phone cloud, all the pictures are still there. It shows that I am still maxed out on data and I am not. Why is it when I make changes on my desktop that it doesn't change on my phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to delete photos from my cloud on my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kelli1234, thanks for clarifying your phone model. I want to make sure that we’re able to free up the space you need for your Verizon Cloud. The Verizon Cloud backs up pictures, videos, music, and documents from your phone to the Cloud. Deleting any of these files from your Cloud will not reflect on the phone. You still must delete the pictures on your phone. I hope this helps clarify why you’re still seeing the pictures on your cloud after deleting them from the Cloud.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A synced up service is always aimed for, Kelli1234. It looks as if we may be in for a reset of the Verizon Cloud app. What is the make and model of the phone you are using?

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kelli1234

I have a samsung galaxy 6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kelli1234, thanks for clarifying your phone model. I want to make sure that we’re able to free up the space you need for your Verizon Cloud. The Verizon Cloud backs up pictures, videos, music, and documents from your phone to the Cloud. Deleting any of these files from your Cloud will not reflect on the phone. You still must delete the pictures on your phone. I hope this helps clarify why you’re still seeing the pictures on your cloud after deleting them from the Cloud.

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Kelli1234​ - Photos, music, videos and documents are copied to your cloud.  The originals remain on the phone.  First double check they are not in the website. If you have backed them up from the PC/Mac app, they will be put back into the cloud after you delete them from the website.

If you are talking about photos in your gallery, then they will stay there until you delete them from the gallery. 

If you are talking about photos in the Verizon Cloud app on your phone, then go int your phone's settings, go to Application Manager, go to Cloud and tap Clear Data.

That will reset the Cloud application.  You will have to go through setup again on the app on the phone but that should clear the local database and remove them from the cloud app.

0 Likes