Why Won't My Device Pair With my Car?
ELLMET41

I have a galaxy-s6-sm-g920v. What is going on? 2013 toyota tundra with NAV system.  Will not pair with audio, phone only.  Deleted the previous list of phones and reentered.  Provided passcode to phone... same deal.  Any Ideas

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: galaxy-s6-sm-g920v will not completely pair phone only no audio
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ellmet41, It is frustrating with not being able to pair your device with your Galaxy S6 device and the audio to work properly. Let me see what is going on and get you all connected. It seems like you have done all the right things to try to pair up the two. Did you check with your auto dealer on any new software drivers that may be needed to pair your specific device? Are you using an app to link your connection? Here’s a link to our Bluetooth Pairing instructions that can help with more steps in getting the connection made http://vz.to/2dwzmgo . Let me know if you need further assistance.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ELLMET41

any ideas

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What phone are you  trying to pair with the vehicle?  Have you ever successfully paired this specific phone and this vehicle for playing audio?  If you have, what is different this time?

Check the sound and bluetooth settings to see if there is something you may have missed (a toggle or other setting) that will allow the audio to play over bluetooth.  You might also check the app you are trying to play the audio with - there may be a bluetooth setting within that app as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ellmet41, It is frustrating with not being able to pair your device with your Galaxy S6 device and the audio to work properly. Let me see what is going on and get you all connected. It seems like you have done all the right things to try to pair up the two. Did you check with your auto dealer on any new software drivers that may be needed to pair your specific device? Are you using an app to link your connection? Here’s a link to our Bluetooth Pairing instructions that can help with more steps in getting the connection made http://vz.to/2dwzmgo . Let me know if you need further assistance.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes