How do I restore my contacts from the cloud?
bran24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see my contacts on the website, but on my phone cloud does not even list an option to restore contacts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i restore my contacts from the cloud?
sonnyshah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually deleted all my phone's contacts today and restored them through the Verizon Cloud website.
Here's what I did:

1) Log into Verizon Cloud through a computer.

2) Click on the Contacts tab.

3) On the gray bar where it says "select all" and "add contact >" go all the way to the right, there's a recycle-type logo that says "sync" when you hover over it. Click on that.

4) Wait a couple minutes for the sync to complete.

5) Once the sync is complete, go to your device and open the Verizon Cloud app.

6) Click on "Backup Now" and that should do it.

Let me know if that works. Good luck!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't live without my contacts so I completely understand the importance of backing up your contacts. Bran24 we are always here to help.

Did you recently activate a new phone? What phone model are you trying to restore the contacts on? Visit http://vz.to/2dxP0e1 for steps on how you can restore the contacts from the Verizon Cloud to your phone.

We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bran24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to restore on an existing phone that already has some contacts.  Your suggestion only deals with new phones.  The question was about "restoring," rather than newly downloading.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bran24, I understand what you are trying to do. Lets make sure we clarify things correctly. When going into the cloud doing a restore will add anything saved in your cloud to your phone again. There is no difference in steps whether it is a new or current phone. If the contacts don't all show up in your phone after the restore they may not be saved in your cloud. To check this go to the Verizon Cloud> Open the menu in the top left corner> Contacts. If you tap Settings you can ensure that contacts are checked off in "What to Backup". Let us know how this goes.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bran24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, all my contacts are on the cloud, but when I go to restore content on the phone, contacts are not even listed as something that can be restored, only photos, docs, messages, etc.  I already checked Contacts as something to backup.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bran24,

We want you to have all of your contacts where you need them. What device are you attempting to put your contacts from the cloud on?

RobinD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bran24
Enthusiast - Level 2

A two day delay in responses is not real helpful, but . . . .   My phone is an HTC One M7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bran24, we appreciate your patience in this matter. We want to assist in getting your contacts restored to your phone. Did you have issues with Cloud on your previous phone? Let’s uninstall the Verizon Cloud app and re-install. The Cloud should then prompt and automatic restore of your contacts. You can follow these steps to uninstall the Cloud app from your phone. http://vz.to/2e3E4mH

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bran24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see this addressing my question.  Please just tell me why contacts are not an item even listed under content to restore.

0 Likes
sonnyshah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually deleted all my phone's contacts today and restored them through the Verizon Cloud website.
Here's what I did:

1) Log into Verizon Cloud through a computer.

2) Click on the Contacts tab.

3) On the gray bar where it says "select all" and "add contact >" go all the way to the right, there's a recycle-type logo that says "sync" when you hover over it. Click on that.

4) Wait a couple minutes for the sync to complete.

5) Once the sync is complete, go to your device and open the Verizon Cloud app.

6) Click on "Backup Now" and that should do it.

Let me know if that works. Good luck!