Has anyone received their Father's Day free Samsung 50" smart tv?
Brainy

I submitted all of my information on June 10th and was initially told the entire process would take 6-8 weeks to fufill the offer. On several different occasions I checked on my progress several times to find my status changed from valid to invalid. Each time I called the rebate center to inquire I was told more info was needed. I had to constantly  the rebate center reps that I had already provided the requested documents on at least 4 different occasion. During my various calls, the timeline for receipt of my tv went from 4-6 weeks, 8-10 weeks, and then ultimately 10-12 weeks. On my call last week, I was given the phone number for Samsung at 844-384-1954. I spoke with a Samsung representative, who told me I was given wrong information by Verizon. My tv which was supposed to be here on Wednesday would not arrive as discusse , and it would be 8-12 weeks from my approval date back in early August. The rep went on to tell me that I should receive the tv in either October or November, which would be 5-6 months.

This is totally unacceptable. At this point, I am disgusted by both Samsung and Verizon Wireless, and I am ready to cancel all 6 lines, my Verizon Fios, and my Verizon landline. I have been a customer of VZW for 19 years, Verizon landline for 33 years, and Fios since it came to my town. Now I also do not want the Samsung J5200 series smart tv which is now very obsolete and has dropped in price from $1199-499. Samsung should upgrade all of us impacted to a comparable 4K smart tv.

This is whole program has been handled poorly by both parties. VZW seems to be washing their hands of the proces, and Samsung is throwing VZW under the bus. I have a house full of Samsung electronics. Both companies should be doing all they can to make this right for their respective customers.

Has anyone received the tv or had a similar experience with this promotio?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone received their Father's Day free Samsung 50" smart tv?
buckostar

NOPE!! Been 5 months now!

0 Likes
Brainy

I've been dealing with executive resolution since I told Prizelogic I was contacting consumer affairs earlier this month. I was told my tv would arrive no later than 10/8/16, and then told I would have to wait a minimum of 6-8 weeks by Prizelogic. Executive resolution told me I can either accept the deprecated 50% value of the tv ( which was $1199 at the beginning of the promotion), or wait until mid to end of December until Samsung restocks and sticks us with a substandard Black Friday special tv and deal with Prizelogic. I declined their offer and will be leaving the VZW family after 19 years. Both AT&T and Sprint are willing to buy out my contract and 6 lines with Verizon and give us new phones and iPads of our choosing.  I'm also sadly dumping Verizon Fios and my Verizon landlne after 33 and 8 years respectively. Good luck to you. I'M SO OVER DEALING WITH VERIZON.

0 Likes
Brainy

I spoke to Executive Relations and all I can say " WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME". They do not want to negotiate in good faith. Leaving VZW after 19 years and going to AT&T. Good Bye and good riddance Verizon Wireles.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

VZW is giving you a free TV and since you haven't received it, your leaving them. Wow, sounds greedy. 

0 Likes
b3urownch33rl3ad3r

I would leave them too! I could see Verizon misleading their custoners!

0 Likes
Brainy

I guess your statemeant is meant to be provoactive? VZW is giving me nothing for free, the phones I bought cost over $1300. Greedy I'm not, VZW has had my family as a loyal customer for almost 20 years. 19.5 x $300, do the math for yourself. I'm leaving because of the half hearted attempt by VZW to resolve this issue. I've been lied to and mislead so in my book, I'm not valued as a customer. I hope that answers your question, comment, or whatever you want to call it.

0 Likes
buckostar

Greedy. LOL! Im getting the same [Removed]. The only reason I went with the deal is the TV since my TV took a dump. I have been waiting for mine for almost 5 month and do not have a TV in my living room. I have been watching in my bedroom (1st world problem). But it is [Removed] that they have been stringing us along. At this point I too will be taking the buyout from a competitor and my $400 a month bill can go to them.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes