When will my international plan expire?
Th3rdplace

Hi

Because I've signed up for an international data/calling plan while I'm in Italy -- arriving in Venice 10/13 (+7 GMT) and leaving Rome 11/12 (+7 GMT) -- the one month expiration date falls at a weird time. Home base is in Seattle, and the nine-hour time difference on the date the plan expires creates some confusion.

The account info says the plan expires 11/12, so does that mean it's no longer in effect on 12:01 am -- in Seattle -- on that day?

If so, then I won't be covered past 9am on the day I fly out of Rome. I'm connecting in Amsterdam, so I'll need to know how to handle any calls/data use while I'm there.

Just need to verify the details and plan accordingly.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International Plan Expiration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you are visiting some beautiful places, Th3rdplace. Allow me to clarify; any updates to your account/service occur in local time based on where you are physically.

If you need further assistance please call our International Support team. You can find the best number to call depending on your location at this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/BPOD-I2400-Toll-Free-Numbers-V5.pdf

Bon voyage!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you are visiting some beautiful places, Th3rdplace. Allow me to clarify; any updates to your account/service occur in local time based on where you are physically.

If you need further assistance please call our International Support team. You can find the best number to call depending on your location at this link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/BPOD-I2400-Toll-Free-Numbers-V5.pdf

Bon voyage!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should always leave the end date open and never have it stop automatically. You should call and have this changed. Start the plan for the day you're leaving and call when you arrive back in the US to end it.

0 Likes
Th3rdplace

Thanks sprmankalel

That completes the solution: knowing that expiration is local time where I'm located, and that I could make this open-ended. If the coverage can be pro-rated, I'll just be paying for an additional day. If they can't pro-rate it, then it doesn't make sense to pay for another full month.  I'll contact customer service and check into the options available.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They will try to make it extend to the end of your billing cycle. You can also add and remove the plan online on your own.

0 Likes