Why do I get a text message when someone leaves a voicemail message?
sdixson

This just started recently ... in fact, I would say it started the day I left my phone at home and logged in to verizonwireless.com to send a text message to my daughter asking her to bring my phone to me. Since that day, I've been receiving text messages from 9000800006202 that look like this:

//

VZWVVM.SYNC.ev=NM;id=43;c=2nt=v;s=19287785042,dt=27/09/2016 12:26 -0700,I=27,dev_t=5

Obviously the date, time and phone number of the caller are embedded in the message, but it's not helpful, and I'd like to turn it off if possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I get a text message when someone leaves a voicemail message?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Are you using the basic non-visual voicemail or the Visual Voicemail?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdixson,

Thanks for checking in with us on this matter. I'm sure we can resolve this mystery problem. This is a message that occurs when the Verizon Visual Voicemail service is trying to deliver a status update to your phone's Voicemail app. Ann154 asked which voicemail service you're currently using. This is the information we'll need to know so we can tell you how to fix the problem. Keep us posted.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stranger612
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bet the OP is using Verizon Wireless.

And this should be a very easy question to answer.

With that thought in mind we will wait for the correct answer.

Lumia 735 running WM 10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stranger612 - Knowing the type of voice mail that are available is crucial. If you're receiving voice mails via text message, you have visual Voice mail. Check out the Voice mail comparison page here. http://vz.to/2erCP2c 

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes