Why won't my Galaxy S4 turn on?
tthompson515
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dropped my Samsung Galaxy S4 last night, and since then it won't turn on. Instead, it goes to "Android system recovery, LRX22C.1545VRUG0F1" saying "# MANUAL MODE #" at the bottom, with a list of options like "reboot system now" and "apply update from ADB." My phone doesn't respond when I plug in the charger, aside from a brief vibration like it always does. It also doesn't seem to be detected on my computer when I connect it.

Is it broken and beyond repair? Will I have to get an upgrade, but be able to transfer everything to my new phone? Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my Galaxy S4 turn on?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are any of your volume buttons stuck? Specifically the Up Volume button, since holding that down will boot the phone to Recovery.

tthompson515
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, yeah, the Up Volume seems to be stuck. It says you can use the volume buttons to scroll up or down, but I can only get it to scroll down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you need a working phone to use, Akenarangi. Did you try removing the battery and putting it back in? Also, make sure any memory cards is currently taken out of the device? Keep me updated on your progress.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK so that's the problem. If that button can be fixed, the phone will return to booting normally again. See if you can get it un-stuck or if there is a shop willing to open up the phone and take a look for you.

0 Likes