I am having difficulties cancelling an account
PAUKAPLAN5

I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon trying to cancel an old account.   Literally two hours the last time I spoke to a Verizon rep.   This was after being on hold 45 minutes.   The account is still not cancelled -   I spent another hour yesterday trying to get through to Verizon to cancel, and no luck.  I  talked to two different people in the biz department and they said the account is not cancelled however that have record of me calling in requesting to cancel the account.  However they couldn't help me.  They told me I have to talk to a customer rep and transfer me, putting me in the que-   Both times waiting close to an hour-   Then I couldn't wait any longer because I have a life to live, which does t allow me to spend two hours on the phone with Verizon every day.  I've emailed two executives at Verizon explaining the situation.  Still nothing.

will I ever be able to cancel my account?   Is that how Verizon works? Once you have an account they will never let you cancel it?   the amount of time I have wasted trying to accomplish this, the days I have spent  trying to get brough is just ridiculous.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am having difficulties cancelling an account
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Strange, so long as your account is paid up I'd think it'd be pretty easy to cancel. What have you been told as to the reason for it not being canceled yet? Have you tried the chat feature? I know you can't cancel an account on chat, but I find they tend to be more accurate in their information; perhaps because there is a script of it afterwards. Another option is to go into Verizon, they too will have to call in I bet, and I've seen them be put on hold, but sometimes face to face gets it done.

0 Likes
Re: I am having difficulties cancelling an account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sad to hear you want to cancel your account Paukaplan5. I apologize for all the difficulties you have experienced during this process. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have.

May I ask the reason why you want to cancel the account? For security reasons we need to speak with you in order to cancel the account. Please reply to the Direct Message I sent you so we can access the account and further assist.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes