Contacts disappeared
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had all my contacts until this morning, for some reason I only now have 12.  Cloud on the phone is showing 12.  I have "show all contacts" selected.  When signed on to my account online with my laptop it shows my full list of contacts.  Not sure why this happened or how I can get all of my contacts back on my phone.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts disappeared
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

One thing that I have noticed is that the different cloud services have enough variations in their respective contact list to cause problems with how your contact data is displayed on your phone.

For example, I backed up some of my contacts to the Verizon cloud and Google. I found those contacts soon were added to a group that doesn't exist on my phone, and, had the addresses listed multiple times.

I had to unlink the contacts and delete the Googles to get everything to display properly.

Now I backup to the Verizon cloud and manually update the contact info in my Microsoft cloud account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tboyes79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this problem as well. I am stuck too. When I try selecting all in the desktop and downloading again it only gave me a few more.  Any ideas out there?

phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also when I tried the option to restore content there was no option for contacts.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was unable to access my Contacts list via my computer for a few days. I was able to do so yesterday. Verizon Wireless, most likely, had a system problem.

Can you, or any of the other users who had this problem, now see your full list on your computers?

0 Likes
Tboyes79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok so this is what I found.  If you have all of your contact in the cloud online but not the app you can click select all of the contacts and then the download arrow.  When it asked me what format/file type I chose tue third option.  It said Apple contacts or other apps.  I have a Samsung and it worked for me.

0 Likes
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh I tried this and still not working. What the hell.  Why are my contacts showing online on my laptop and not my phone...

0 Likes
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contacts are showing on my computer but not my phone.  I cannot figure it out.

0 Likes
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried reinstalling the Cloud and now my contacts are gone from the Cloud on my computer.  I give up.  I have to re-add everyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phoenixrose-

With technology nowadays, it's impossible to memorize all of your contact's phone numbers, additionally, it's such a hassle having to re-add your contacts. I'm on the scene and eager to get to the bottom of this right away! What make/model phone are you using? When the contacts disappeared from your phone, did you make any changes to your phone (new software, new applications, etc)? Can you try going to the Verizon Cloud app, tapping the menu in the left hand corner and selecting 'tools' and finally 'content restore'. Does that help bring back your contacts?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phoenixrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid Turbo 2.  Just got it a few days ago.  Everything was on the phone until the other morning.  Doing content restore does not show "contacts" in the menu.  I had tried to export my contacts (when they were still showing on my computer) and then tried to import to my phone, but that did not work either. 

0 Likes