Advanced Calling and LTE service in St. Louis
nightwisp

Recently, I upgraded from an LG G3 to a G5. Advanced calling is on by default. I noticed within a week of getting my phone, that I was regularly dropping calls on Interstate 270 - a major thoroughfare around the city. There are 3 spots on 270 that I regularly drop calls. Also, the people I'm on calls with complain about me sounding "robotic" and cutting out while on the phone. If I turn off Advanced calling - I don't have ANY of these issues. The calls are clear and stay connected. I NEVER had this issue with my G3. What gives? How do I report it? How do I get this fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Advanced Calling and LTE service in St. Louis
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nightwisp. Help has arrived. My apologies to hear of the issues you're experiencing. Let's review this further. What's the impacted zip code where you noticed these issues? Please review these additional facts about HD Calling, as it is very different from regular calling: http://spr.ly/6587BCwY1 and go to "Service and Availability."

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nightwisp

I'm very aware of how HD calling works (or doesn't as the case may be). It's actually the reason I chose the phone I did the last time I upgraded (when I returned the HTC One M9 and went with the G3 after the G4 had been released). Unfortunately, now, there isn't a phone model that works like the G3 did. If I turn off Advanced calling, I can no longer use Nav on my phone while on the road if I get a call.

I regularly travel I-270 in St. Louis, through several zip codes. My drive takes me through 63131, 63122, 63127, 63128 and finally in to 63129. I noticed dropped calls nearly every.single.time while passing through a section that borders 63127 and 63122, as well as nearing 63129 from 63128. Those spots are as I'm driving southbound on I-270 toward I-55. These are high traffic, suburban areas on interstate highways. Driving northbound through those sections - I tend to have the most issues in 63122/63131 area.

I realize I'm not going to get the same service at my home as I do near the city (as I live in a rather rural area), thus why I won't even bother complaining about that. Just that after fantastic service - and raving about it to family and friends - the fact that I can't keep a call after getting an upgraded phone is really really maddening. The fact that I have to regularly toggle between Advanced Calling and not is the most angering thing about this whole experience. If I even have a modicum of LTE signal, it defaults to Advanced Calling regardless of how poor the connection is. Then I have to disconnect the call, turn off Advanced Calling and redo the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nightwisp, we appreciate you working with us to find out the Advanced Calling mystery. We’re not giving up hope. Let’s keep working on finding out what’s going on. Let’s attempt to restart the phone in Safe Mode: http://spr.ly/6588BCgyA Once in this mode, can you try to enable Advanced Calling? Then try to place a call to see if it still sounds robotic or cutting out when on the call? Keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nightwisp

It's not consistently robotic or cutting out. It's in very specific areas that I'm typically traveling through. I don't know that starting my phone in safe mode is going to fix that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the frustration of having this issue with a new phone nightwisp. Starting your phone in safe mode will let us know if an application on the device may be causing the issue. This will help us with the next best step for resolving the issue. Please let us know if the issue persist while in safe mode.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes