Android nougat 7.0
bb45
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will nougat update be available for galaxy s5 devices?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android nougat 7.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question bb45. You can stay updated with the newest software for your phone online via our website. Here is a link to our software for all our devices http://vz.to/2c0kHLC. We don't have information if and when new software will be released for a device, but you can stay updated using our link here.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question bb45. You can stay updated with the newest software for your phone online via our website. Here is a link to our software for all our devices http://vz.to/2c0kHLC. We don't have information if and when new software will be released for a device, but you can stay updated using our link here.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bdc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Poor answer, I have heard S5 wont even get it.

WE own our phones and version if they are the ones who want to mange our getting updates then they have the responsibility  to info us ad nauseam (till we are sick of it).

Your answer that its Google that controls this or that is unacceptable. You have the buying power of the largest user base in the US (north America ??) Your telling me that if you ask Google gosh our people need some time frame and answers or else they would say NO? Come ON

What they surprise you with OH guess what we have a new OS you knew nothing about with no time frames.

That is ridiculous

And to make your customer support and tech people the front line on that fained ignorance  so we feel sorry for these poor people put in between us and the truth is unconscionable

You are still selling the Galaxy S5 for $23 a month and it can run Nougat? Seriously

This is a ploy to for users to new phones to drive your profit nothing more.

Why is Verizon in between me and the OS developer any how. It is not like that in any other computing device I own why my phone ?

WE as a community need to stand as one and say NO.

These staid and trite answers of "oh we don't know" "oh its Google"  " we need to deliver it cause we need to make sure it works on our network"

will not stand if we stand against it.

If Verizon is not more forth coming with info and time frames or refuses to push for our phone to be updated based on its ability to run the OS NOT on its profit margin

we should band in a class action suite for restraint of trade and version having a monopoly

DO NOT SIT ON THE SIDE LINES, if you do you get what you deserve... NOTHING

(except what Verizon deems you should and in their artificial  time frames)

GREGER4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S5 is not going to receive Nougat 7.0. Verizon has not released a security update for this phone since June of 2016.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I read this on one of the android forums and sounds about right...

There has, in the past, been lots of speculation about whether the Samsung Galaxy S5 will receive an update to Nougat, Android 7.0, or not. It has now been confirmed that it will not receive Nougat.

This is nothing to do with Samsung not wanting to support an older model and just abandoning it. Rather, the explanation is far simpler. The Galaxy S5 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset which, like the 800 version, does not have graphic drivers that are compatible with Nougat,

all devices powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 and 801 include graphics drivers that are not compatible with Nougat"

0 Likes
Chip2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a security update this morning (Oct 18, 2016) - G900VVRU2DPG2.

dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will not get Android 7.0, the processor is insufficient. I think the minimum requirements are Snapdragon 808, and the S5 has an 801.