Cell service Barnesville, PA
japytko

I recently moved to Barnesville, PA. My service signal is very weak. I did a signal test and it ranges in the -100 dB area. My phone showed no service yesterday, outside my house. Can anything be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cell service Barnesville, PA
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are getting the best service possible japytko. Coverage looks good here. Let's take a look into this for you. Do you see the signal and the no service message fluctuate frequently? Are you having issues with calls, texts, and data?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
japytko

The signal does fluctuate. The calls tend to be ok, but then sometimes they get to the point that I can't hear anybody or they can't hear me. Texts, without pictures, seem to send and receive fine. Data is often not obtainable. When I go to my friends house, which is in the same town, the service is much better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

japytko, we want things to get better for you on our network. Your device is designed to retrieve signal from the best and nearest wireless tower in the area. As a result, it's normal for signal to fluctuate. Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? Which make/model phone do you have?

For more device support, click http://vz.to/2drnmLn

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
japytko

The signal fluctuates but most times it is pretty low. I have powered my phone down and it is happening with my wife's phone as well. We recently both upgraded to the iPhone 7, but it was happening when we had the iPhone 6 as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello japytko,

I appreciate these additional details. Do you experience this more inside your home or outside your home? Do you have Advanced Calling turned on?

Here is a link on how to enable it: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206984/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
japytko

The issues are present both inside and outside of the house. We have advanced calling turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details japytko. I know how important it is to have reliable service. Are you using the same SIM card from your previous phone or the preinstalled one that came with the new phone?

Turn off advanced calling and see if you notice an improvement. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
japytko

Preinstalled one

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Obviously it's just a poor coverage area. Territory building material etc dictates that. Get a landline or switch carriers. When you buy a house ALWAYS check to see how your cell works.

0 Likes