Can will wi-fi calling work with messenger?
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Messenger on my Samsung S6 and also on my computer. The area I live in has poor reception. If I send a message from the computer it goes instantly but if I use the phone it sometimes takes a very long time to go. I have my phone set to use WIFI calling when mobile network is not available. If I try to send a photo from my phone it can take 20 minutes to send if it sends at all. Is the WIFI calling feature just for calls or is it supposed to work with Messenger also.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messanger Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for clarifying, tae111. I'm sure it has to be challenging to have such service issues inside your home. The best thing to do would actually turn the WiFi ON, on your phone, when you're at home. (Assuming that's how your other devices are connected to the Internet as well.) This will help the data run a lot faster and more smooth on your phone, including pictures and videos.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tae111, I use my texting app more than any other one, so I definitely feel for you. Lets get this resolved as soon as possible. When using Verizon Messages + you are not texting over Wi-Fi. That is for your calling feature. However, it is strange for your picture messages to take so long to send. Do you know if you are receiving your messages right away? Are you having issues with your data speed?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where I live I only get 2 bars of 3g if I'm lucky so sending large data files such as a photo can take forever. The question I had was I also have the messenger app on my computer and tablet. Both of those are not connected to my wireless plan. They are able to send and receive photos almost instantly. Is there a way to set up my Samsung s6 to use the same mechanism as the computer and tablet while I am at home? I regularly connect my phone to the computer via the USB connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for clarifying, tae111. I'm sure it has to be challenging to have such service issues inside your home. The best thing to do would actually turn the WiFi ON, on your phone, when you're at home. (Assuming that's how your other devices are connected to the Internet as well.) This will help the data run a lot faster and more smooth on your phone, including pictures and videos.

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes