Jetpack limit data use
mtwxbear

I bought a Jetpack to use while traveling where my other phone does not get cell phone coverage. However, after one day of using this, I noticed that I used .5GB of data in just 2 hours.  When I connect my device (LG G4), it assumes that I have connected to a real (home) WiFi and will update, back up and download.  Is there a way to tell the device to limit access (don't back up, update background etc)while connected to the jetpack only, or an app that can be used to manage how certain connections use data?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack limit data use
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

First go to Settings and then Data usage.  Next tap the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner and select Mobile hotspots.  This will list your WI-FI connections and allow you to mark which ones are mobile hotspots so that your phone reduces its data consumption while connected to those networks.

datausage.png

Screenshot_2016-09-16-23-21-02.png

Screenshot_2016-09-16-23-21-13.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mtwxbear, come in handy. I love the convenience. Let's make sure you are getting the most out of your device and it is working properly. Let's take a closer look at this issue with you. I have sent a Private Message to continue.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

First go to Settings and then Data usage.  Next tap the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner and select Mobile hotspots.  This will list your WI-FI connections and allow you to mark which ones are mobile hotspots so that your phone reduces its data consumption while connected to those networks.

datausage.png

Screenshot_2016-09-16-23-21-02.png

Screenshot_2016-09-16-23-21-13.png

0 Likes