Why don't I get text message notifications on a Lumia 735?
Jcpstrat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use to be able to get audio and visual notifications when a new text message came in but within the last several weeks the notifications have stopped and the only way to see if there's a new message is to open the Message app. I don't know if this was from an update or not! I've power phone off and back on and still the notifications don't work anymore. It's like my phone has gone silent! Any thoughts or anyone else having this problem.

My settings:

Notifications & actions:     Show notifications in action center when my phone is locked = On

Show notifications on the lock screen = On

Show and sound alarms and reminders when my phone is locked = On

Under Get notifications from these senders:      Messaging = On

Notifications = On

Show notification banners = On

Show notifications in action center = On

Keep notifications private on the lock screen = Off

Vibrate if my sound setting support it = On

Notification sound = alert 7 (I can test this sound and it plays fine)

Number of notifications visible in action center = 3

Priority of notifications in action center = High

Sounds:                           Vibrate = Off

Play a sound for: Key press, Lock and unlock, Camera shutter & System alerts are all ON

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No text message notifications on Lumia 735
Jcpstrat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got this solved on my phone.

If you go into Settings > System > Notifications & Actions ... the following must be "On"

• Show notifications in action center when my phone is locked
  • Show notifications on the lock screen
  • Show and sound alarms and reminders when my phone is locked

Then go to Settings and type in "Background" in the search bar and select: "Background apps"

Make sure "Block and Filter (glob..." is set to "On".

I think the last setting above was what did me in. I started  thinking back to when this all started and it was when I was going on a long trip and I went into the background apps to turn some things off to help with battery life. Yes ... I think I did this to myself but at least its working again on my phone. Hope this helps someone else. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No text message notifications on Lumia 735
Jcpstrat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got this solved on my phone.

If you go into Settings > System > Notifications & Actions ... the following must be "On"

• Show notifications in action center when my phone is locked
  • Show notifications on the lock screen
  • Show and sound alarms and reminders when my phone is locked

Then go to Settings and type in "Background" in the search bar and select: "Background apps"

Make sure "Block and Filter (glob..." is set to "On".

I think the last setting above was what did me in. I started  thinking back to when this all started and it was when I was going on a long trip and I went into the background apps to turn some things off to help with battery life. Yes ... I think I did this to myself but at least its working again on my phone. Hope this helps someone else. Smiley Happy

0 Likes