The changes to chat are not very user friendly
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to access Chat today.  I received an automated system that leaves a lot be be desired.  It simply gives you links to an online database, probably sorced from this forum.  If I wanted to search a database, I would have.  The most disturbing thing was it replied that all Chat Representatives were busy.  Then nothing... If I sat and waited, would a representative come on when available?  I asked that question. Of course it had no information.  I asked for a representative and was given a link to Live Chat.  All representatives are busy.  Repeat the process.  Repeat the process.  Repeat the process.  Close down the website.  Call.  Automated attendant will not let you talk to a person without answering a plethora of questions.  Hang up a come here.  So, here are my questions.

Background

Approximately six weeks ago my cable internet went out.  I was informed it would be 2-3 weeks to repair.  Welcome to the world of Mediacom.  Not wanting to do without, I increased my XXL Data Plan to 50gb.  Well it took 4 weeks to get my cable internet back.  I went in and changed my data plan back to XXL but it could not take effect till the next billing cycle.  OK, I get it.

1. I got up at 3AM on the 9th to order the new iPhone 7.  After fighting with the website for half an hour, it stated that I could not purchase the phone because I had an outstanding change order on my account.  Couldn't believe it but decided to change back to 50gb plan and see what happened. Guess what, I could then order the phone.  What does one have to do with the other?

2. I'm a tech junkie.  I have both an iPhone 6s and a Galaxy S7 Edge.  I switch back and forth fairly often.  When I ordered the iPhone 7 I was using the Galaxy.  I got home today from vacation and decided to switch back to the iPhone to try out iOS 10 before the new phone arrives.  The automated system says I cannot due to an outstanding order on my account.  What does one have to do with the other once again?  Is it because Verizon is expecting the Galaxy back because it's what I was using?  No problem.  Verizon can have back either of them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The changes to chat are not very user friendly
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I do know about swapping the SIM card.  However, when I did this between my iphone 6s and my S7 Edge the Edge's voice mail would say that my voicemail was full.  Verizon said I needed a sim card specific to Android.  I went to the store and they swapped it out.  Voice mail then worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you know, since the two phones use the same SIM card size, you could have just moved the SIM card from one phone to the other without having to go through the activation process online?

FYI the system is working as designed.  You simply tried to make too many changes on your account in the same billing cycle.  First the pending plan change and then the pending order.  I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with prorated data charges for changing your plan in the middle of the cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the help you need when you need it is a must, rbiowa. I apologize you were unable to get a hold of one of our representatives. In regards to your equipment order there is a limitation in the billing system that won't allow you to place an equipment order with a pending plan change. This is to ensure there isn't any activation issues because the phone order does have price plan details included.

In regards to switching your devices there shouldn't be an issue with a pending equipment order as those changes are typically on-demand (or same day). Have you tried to change your device online through your My Verizon account? http://spr.ly/6586BAGup*

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I tried.  The website would not accept.

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I do know about swapping the SIM card.  However, when I did this between my iphone 6s and my S7 Edge the Edge's voice mail would say that my voicemail was full.  Verizon said I needed a sim card specific to Android.  I went to the store and they swapped it out.  Voice mail then worked fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you just needed to have you voicemail reset to the proper type.  The nano SIM card I am currently using started out in fruit phone.  It has since been in three different Android phone and a Windows phone.  I did have to speak with a VZW rep shortly after I first moved it from the fruit phone to the android phone to get the voicemail feature corrected.  Otherwise it is the same SIM card for the past 2+ years now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rbiowa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't doubt that you are correct.  However, this is what the Verizon rep had me do.  Also, if you remember the initial message, Verizon is now VERY difficult to communicate with!

0 Likes