Can't make or receive calls and texts, invalid number
Tomocafe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on a shared plan with 2 phones. On my phone I can't make or receive calls and texts. It's been happening for an hour now. When I try to call out or use another phone to call mine, I hear a minute of silence and then an automated message saying the number is invalid.

My wife's phone on the same plan works fine. The billing is current.

I tried to call Verizon customer service, both the 800 number and *611 from my wife's phone, both said the number was invalid.

Can someone from Verizon help?

edit: LTE data works fine, it just seems to be a problem with voice calling and SMS. Rebooting the device did not solve the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't make or receive calls and texts, invalid number
Tomocafe
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
coastalgal77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. So I dialed *611 and I get a message telling me my call did not go through and to dial *611

I am in Central Ca and my husband is in Central CA and I can dial him and it is fine. My daughter is in Southern CA and it won't go through but we can text. She said when she tried to call me back it just rang and rang.

What is up with Verizon?

0 Likes
coastalgal77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also called my friend in Southern CA and the call fails.

About an hour ago, I called my daughter and several times it did not go through and then I got her message. And now the call either fails or I get a message that it could not go through as dialed!!

0 Likes
Tomocafe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also in California (Bay Area) if that's helpful

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important ot us that we take a closer look at both the phone and coverage area for answers, Tomocafe. I am confident we can find answers by working together.

May we please have your zip code? Are you experiencing this indoors/outdoors? Do you have cellular data in the settings on?

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re ready to get your service up and running so you can stay connected to friends and family Tomocafe. What zipcode are you in? What service do you see at the top of the phone?

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tomocafe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please refer to my new thread: Re: SF BAY AREA OUTAGE

Thanks.

0 Likes