Why Am I Getting An Error That I Reached A Size Limit?
anyholm
Enthusiast - Level 1

When sending a text message with a picture I get the error mess size limit reached error.  I have deleted all my messages and reset my phone but still get the error.  Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message size limit reached
Cod_eman
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I had to do to fix this was turn on airplane mode and then turn it back off. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

You cannot MMS a full size/res image. Does the app give you the option to resize the image? Are you taking the image from within the texting app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that video message sent out and the error resolved, anyholm. I am here to help you. Are you connected to WiFi or Cellular data when attempting to send the video? In order to send video as MMS, you have to compose a new message to someone, click the paper clip to attach and select "Capture Video" and start recording then hit stop when done and it will be ready to send in that message. You can record up to 1 minute in total length - video will stop capturing at 1 minute mark. This will allow it to record in low enough resolution to send over MMS and be within the file size limitations of our MMS network. Let me know if you need further assistance.  EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cod_eman
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I had to do to fix this was turn on airplane mode and then turn it back off. Smiley Happy

Luvprimitive
Enthusiast - Level 1

Weird fix. But it worked! Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome, Luvprimitive. I am so glad that worked for you. Thank you for being our customer. Be sure to get helpful tips and tricks by going to vzw.com/support

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes