How do I fix the 'unfortunately voicemail has stopped' error?
joydoc215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I get a voice mail and I try to open it is get "unfortunately voice mail has stopped".  Ever since latest update?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to fix " unfortunately voice mail has stopped
joydoc215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You, I did the Clear Cache, but not the Clear Data(didn't want to lose my info) Just did both and it works now.   Thank You so much

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of keeping up with your voice mail messages joydoc215. When updates are released depending on what apps are being used on the phone, they may also have to be updated to be compatible with the new software. Here is a link with some steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-173557/ . Once this is completed power cycle your phone and let us know if you can access the voice mail.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TEHMANN

I tried these steps (3 times) and I still get the error "unfortunately voice mail has stopped"

0 Likes
Steveb456

Hi, this is exactly what happened to me just yesterday. I had successfully listened to a voice message just prior to accepting the latest update, G928VVRU2BPG5. I received another voice message immediately after and have not been able to listen to any since the update. I cleared my cache, as instructed, which did not fix the issue. Can anyone suggest another solution? I am wondering if Verizon would support their users by giving those affected free visual voice mail until this is fixed. Or am I dreaming?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes. Thanks for already trying that step. When attempting to check voicemail, look to see what number is being dialed. It should either be *86 or the 10-digit phone number to reach voicemail box. Is this how you are accessing the voicemail?

Call the 10-digit mobile number to confirm voicemail is routing properly.

If attempting to access voicemail from another phone:
1.Call the 10-digit mobile number from the alternate phone.
2.During the greeting press the #.
3.Enter the password press #.
4.Follow the prompts to retrieve messages.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joydoc215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried both suggestions and neither work.  Very discouraged!!!!   Is it my phone or Verizon? 

0 Likes
joydoc215
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried both fixes and neither work.  This is very frustrating.  Have you found a fix yet?

0 Likes
Steveb456

Yes. Clear data actually worked, which does not remove your Google phone directory from your phone. Settings , application mgr, applications, voice mail, storage, clear data and cache worked.

0 Likes
joydoc215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You, I did the Clear Cache, but not the Clear Data(didn't want to lose my info) Just did both and it works now.   Thank You so much

0 Likes