Does the Galaxy S7 record gps coordinates?
baljane
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to have my Galaxy S7 Edge record GPS coordinates when i take a picture. I also want to be able to view those coordinates in the EXIF information.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: galaxy s7 record gps coordinates
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have your location services turned on, it should be doing that.

If it is not, check the permissions in your camera app to make sure it has permission to access the location information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you have your location services turned on, it should be doing that.

If it is not, check the permissions in your camera app to make sure it has permission to access the location information.

0 Likes
baljane
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I do have locations enabled. But when I go to an image on my phone and click "more", then "details", the Location shows a Google map, not lat/long coordinates. In order to get those coordinates, I have send the image to my laptop and view it in a program that displays metadata. I want to be able to directly see the coordinates when looking at the image on my phone.

I'm using the Gallery app that comes with the phone. Is there a better app to use, one that would display coordinates? Or is there a way to change my phone settings to get them to display?

Would appreciate suggestions!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps a third party file explorer app from the Play Store will display the information you want.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

phone/settings/location tag   on

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When I look at my photos in Google Photos, I see lat & long coordinates.

baljane
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah, I looked at an image in Google Photos on my phone, and I do see the coordinates. Thanks for that tip, very helpful!

0 Likes