Why do I keep disconnecting from my home wi-fi?
Padraig1001
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened before (several months ago) but for some reason it quit, but I look up from my phone and suddenly realize I'm off my WiFi at home. I get an excellent signal and my wife's phone (same Android Galaxy 4 as mine) NEVER loses its signal. I can be holding the phone next to the modem and get the same results.

I recently upgraded my modem for faster speeds (from 12mg to 25mg) and everything works beautifully WHEN it's working.The ONLY accessory that does this is MY phone. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

RPS

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi Signal Loss
Padraig1001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I shut off my blue tooth and that appears to have fixed my problem. Thank you for your assistance.

RPS

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need to be able to stay connected to your WiFi Padraig1001. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. Were there any new apps or updates added to the phone around the time the issue began? Does this issue only happen with your home WiFi network or does it happen with any WiFi network you are connected to?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Padraig1001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not recently added any new app. I am uncertain about losing wifi at other places but I will check it out and come back with an answer.

I recently upgraded my Internet speed from 12 to 25 mg so the modem is new. That being said, I experienced this some time ago but it seemed to fix itself over time. The only way I can get back on wifi is to reboot my phone.

0 Likes
Padraig1001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I shut off my blue tooth and that appears to have fixed my problem. Thank you for your assistance.

RPS

0 Likes
HUGSTA7

I have this same issue and it really sux. I can be in the middle of short videos and it pauses every other second. Brand new note 5.

0 Likes