4g lte to 1x OVERNIGHT
mwilhite
Enthusiast - Level 2

We went from 3 to 4 bars of 4g lte to 1x overnight and support is claiming there is nothing wrong with the network. This is on 2 phones, a Galaxy S5 and a Galaxy S7 Edge. We have been in our current location for over 2 years, went to bed one night and woke up to 1 bar of 1X. When I went to call VZW in regards it said could not complete call and the screen says (no mobile network). They submitted a ticket and then later on I get a text saying it had been reviewed and had a link to a generic webpage, www.verizonwireless.com/support/signal-concern-resolution .... I was promised a call back but no they send me a canned reply. It speaks in generic terms as to many things which could cause low signal strength. I am no stranger to technology. I have been in the IT sector since the mid 70's beginning as a Communications Tech is the USN. I have worked with Satellite, terrestrial based LOS microwave etc. There is no way that any of this information on this generic web page is remotely applicable in this instance. We live rural, there is no new construction, there are no issues with structures, trees, EMF or other interference. This all occurred in an 8 hour span and there is no way they can convince me that anything they are claiming it could be, is what it is!

This is after 12 YEARS of being a customer and at one point having 10 lines of service with them! If you ever have an issue, just be prepared for NO support from them. We are considering jumping ship and moving to another provider. Everyone I speak with is very nice and agrees that it should not change overnight like it has. Any suggestions or idea as to how to reach somebody higher up the chain in management than the customer service and support managers? I don't have the time nor the desire to waste much more time and aggravation on this situation. It appears they have to be to big and to greedy to care about their customers, even the long time ones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g lte to 1x OVERNIGHT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwilhite I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHHAR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in zip code 77612

4G LTE for years now.  regularly measured with speedtest.net 10 to 15 Mbps download, and 5 to 9 upload.  within last two weeks,  the rate dropped to less than 1 Mbps and most of the time is 0.5 Mbps and latency is terrible.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, JOHHAR1. It is important to us that we get to the bottom of what is causing this service concern and I am happy to help.

What is the make/model of your phone? Have you added any new apps or software updates recently? Is this happening indoors/outdoors?

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mwilhite
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still awaiting a resolution on my issues as well and I only have about 4 months remaining on our contract, even though Verizon has failed on their end, we haven't!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mwilhite, having a strong connection is important. What kind of device do you have, and is it still showing 1x? What happens when you try to use your service? EricaG_VZW

0 Likes