How much data will I use on average?
MATNAR68

I just bought home internet service thru verizon but I dont know how much data it will use.whats the average?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon internet
rcschnoor
Legend

Is this cellular home internet service or Fios home internet service.

The average usage would mean absolutely nothing, it all has to do with your usage habits.

For example, someone who streams Netflix 2-4 hours/day would use up to 10-20 GB each day. Someone who only surfed web pages and email would use maybe 0.1 GB/day. The average of those would be 5-10 GB of usage/day yet would not be a good choice of data allowance for EITHER plan.

Averages don't mean anything if you are not using the average amount of data. Your data usage is what matters.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is this cellular home internet service or Fios home internet service.

The average usage would mean absolutely nothing, it all has to do with your usage habits.

For example, someone who streams Netflix 2-4 hours/day would use up to 10-20 GB each day. Someone who only surfed web pages and email would use maybe 0.1 GB/day. The average of those would be 5-10 GB of usage/day yet would not be a good choice of data allowance for EITHER plan.

Averages don't mean anything if you are not using the average amount of data. Your data usage is what matters.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATNAR68,

rcschnoor is absolutely right. When it comes to your usage it will really depend on how exactly you utilize your services and what sort of sites, applications and features are accessed. The good news is that we have tools to help you determine how usage can add up such as our Data Calculator. Take a look at that here to start calculating http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/dataShareCalculator.jsp. Please keep in mind that this data usage calculator would be or our cellular service. If you have questions about your residential or FiOS service, please contact http://fios.verizon.com/contact-us.html.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes