unstable reception
cptnglider

My Galaxy S4 has very poor reception in our home.  When I first got it, it was pretty good, but the longer i have had it, it seems the worse the connectivity is.  I have to go from room to room to try and get a decent signal.  I get 3G (should be 4G according to the map), but as soon as I press "send" it drops to a 1x, and might... again i say might, get a connection.  most times it just "ends call" then goes back to 3G. The same thing happens with text messages. Most times when I hit send, the indicator just spins and spins then "failed", and I try again.  battery life is very low as well. I restart my phone, and it will work for a while, but then it goes back to doing it all over again.  My wife's S4 does the same thing...

Do we live on an ancient burial ground or something?...

anyone out there with the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: unstable reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cptnglider,

Let's get your service back as you expect it. What type of service do you have when you leave your home? What type of service did you have when you first started service? Have you done any troubleshooting steps? If so, what were they.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cptnglider

Sorry for the delay...

it sucks at home... we (because its affects both of our S4 phones) can get anywhere from a 1x to 4G within a 15 foot radius... at work, my battery goes from 100% to 13% within 8 hours and my wiFi is off, and all aps are closed.  In addition, I cant get any video to open or download unless i am outside (a co worker has a different phone and company and he has no problem).  Also, i can receive a text at any time... but sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes to send..

our contract ends in January and we are seriously looking for a different phone and possibly a different carrier if this issue is not resolved.

I have gone to a store and got a new SIM Chip... which they said would resolve the issue... it didnt.  And restarting our phone numerous times doesnt help either..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you filling me in, cptnglider. I know it’s important to get your services back to the way they were when you first started and I don’t want to see you give up on Verizon Wireless. If your phone is picking up 3G signal, it’s actually normal for the service to drop to 1x when you press send to place a call. And the harder the phone may try to get the signal through the building, the faster the battery will drain. Sometimes there are factors beyond our control that can create those service troubles inside of a home or office. Do you have access to Wi-Fi while you’re at home or work? If you step outside at least 50 feet from either building, what signal strength and type do you see? Please use the steps at http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201171/ to run a device health check to see if there are any areas of concern and use the on screen process to troubleshoot anything that appears abnormal.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cptnglider

Nope... still has POOR reception... both my and my wifes phone (both S4's) have the exact same issue with POOR reception in our house... goes from 4G to 3G to 1x when trying to send a text... IF it even sends it at all... most of the time we have to go restart our phone and go outside if we want to have any type of constant reception...

I was talking to a gentleman that has an S6 with he same issues... his provider gave him a.... cell phone booster...????... to increase his reception in his house...

Would you be willing to give me one to try, or do you even have those?   I still am questioning why BOTH of our phones have the exact same issues with not only wireless reception, but Wi-Fi reception also...

0 Likes