How do I prevent an app from using so much data?
tedarimoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

My mother uses video app at home wifi, which is great.  When outside, she uses the video app and my data use skyrockets.  I try to turn off the video app use of cell data on 6s plus, but it does not work.  Why can't I control video app cell data use?  Help!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 6s plus cell data utilization
Weth
Legend

You went to settings - cellular and turned off cellular data for that app there?   Try rebooting phone.  Also look to see if there is option to use lower resolution stream. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You went to settings - cellular and turned off cellular data for that app there?   Try rebooting phone.  Also look to see if there is option to use lower resolution stream. 

0 Likes
tedarimoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebooting worked, thank you.  Yes, I went to settings to try and turn-off cell service.  Each time mother is outside of wifi area and may use cell service, I will try to remember to reboot.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure this gets resolved. Was what was recommened a correct resolution? If not, may we have some further details so we can offer support? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes