How do I send a text without closing the keyboard?
fogbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to close the keyboard before

the send button will work on texts.  This just started this week Anyone else having this problem

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I send text without closing the keyboard. This just started this week.
fogbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally called Verizon Support.  Went to applications, application manager, messages, storage, cleared cache and data.  Turned phone off and waited 30 seconds and powered phone on.  That fixed it.  Didn't lose any texts.  All fixed now.  This is for a Galaxy S6.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I send text without closing the keyboard. This just started this week.
Who_da
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact problem here.  Restarting the phone solves it for awhile but returns.  Happens whether I use voice dictation or keyboard.

Who_da
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried clearing the cache for the app and uninstalling updates.

0 Likes
Re: How can I send text without closing the keyboard.  This just started this week.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OldSmokey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here for both the wife and I. Started happening last of July 2016. She has an AT&T S5 and I have the Verizon S5. I believe it is an OS bug or Keyboard bug. I've seen this same question on other android forums for different models of androids. I've not seen a solution yet. I can reboot my phone and it disappears for a while then returns. A reboot does not help the wife's phone. You can tilt the phone from  vertical to horizontal orientation and can use the send key without backing out of the keyboard.

0 Likes
fogbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally called Verizon Support.  Went to applications, application manager, messages, storage, cleared cache and data.  Turned phone off and waited 30 seconds and powered phone on.  That fixed it.  Didn't lose any texts.  All fixed now.  This is for a Galaxy S6.

0 Likes
Who_da
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you notice my earlier post, i already tried clearing the cache to no avail

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Who_da,

I would be concerned too if this were happening to me. What is the make and model of your phone? What texting app are you using?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Who_da
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using a Motorola droid turbo 2 with Verizon messages +

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Who_da,

We appreciate your efforts.Since this started have there been any other changes to the phone such as new software updates or other application updates? Try disabling Message+ and setting the standard Messages application as a default and then changing it back to Message+.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes