How do I make the display screen stay on longer than 5 minutes?
Catnip162

I use the phone to listen to music at work. But the screen shuts off after 5 minutes unless I keep touching it, which is not convenient at all.  Is there a way to make it stay on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to make the display screen stay on longer than 5 minutes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to keep an eye on what song is playing is a must, Catnip162. Let's get your display settings adjusted for you. Here is how you can adjust your screen timeout on your Galaxy S5 http://spr.ly/6582B086g Follow steps 1 & 3.

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Catnip162

Forgot -

Samsung Galaxy S5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to keep an eye on what song is playing is a must, Catnip162. Let's get your display settings adjusted for you. Here is how you can adjust your screen timeout on your Galaxy S5 http://spr.ly/6582B086g Follow steps 1 & 3.

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Catnip 162. It is important to us you have the ability to customize your phone however you choose and I am happy to assist.

In order to change the screen timeout period you will want to navigate to apps > settings > display > touch screen timeout > select a time. I do hope this information is helpful and please reach back out for any other questions or concerns you may have.

SteveR_VZW

0 Likes
Catnip162

Thanks, but the longest option is ten minutes.  Why isn't there an option for a longer amount of time?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Catnip162, I understand you wanting the display screen to remain active while listening to your music. Your phone has many settings for display, but none of them keep the screen active on it's own. Smartphones are made to conserve your battery.

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes