Update phone #
DVANBIBB

My son was getting a ton of spammy calls and texts, so we changed his number online. Now his phone won't work at all, no incoming or outgoing activity at all for either numbers. I tried going into settings > phone > my number to update it and it wouldn't allow me to type over it. The old number is displayed at the top of the phone book too where it says "my number." I don't know what else to do and am hoping not to have to go into a VZW store. Thanks in advance if you know the answer to this! 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update phone #
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an iPhone 4, did you activate it again by dialing *228, option 1?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Update phone #
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help DVANBIBB. I know how important it is to get your son's phone working again. I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused.

Lets get to the bottom of this. Did you activate the phone with the new number after you changed it online? We can take a closer look at the account to make sure the number change went through correctly, and activate the phone. Please reply to the Direct Message I just sent you so we can access the account and further assist.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes