Why am I not receiving text messages?
MEGPRO78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not getting all of the texts that people send me and vice versa I have tried powering off my phone and nothing seems to work any suggestions? ?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages
J2_66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, not sure if u got it fixed yet but here is my input, hope it helps

For the text message notification not working on Galaxy S6 or similar. I got a solution from cust. support. Follow these steps in order: go to Apps, Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Messages, click Force Stop, say yes, then click Storage, clear data, go back one step and see Notifications. This should not say blocked. Mine said blocked even though everywhere else they were "on". This fixed the problem. Let me know if it works!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

View solution in original post

musser004
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also in the same boat. Haven't been able to put my finger on what the actually problem is

J2_66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, not sure if u got it fixed yet but here is my input, hope it helps

For the text message notification not working on Galaxy S6 or similar. I got a solution from cust. support. Follow these steps in order: go to Apps, Settings, Applications, Application Manager, Messages, click Force Stop, say yes, then click Storage, clear data, go back one step and see Notifications. This should not say blocked. Mine said blocked even though everywhere else they were "on". This fixed the problem. Let me know if it works!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help musser004. What specific issues are you having with your phone and text message?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MEGPRO78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the assistance I think that did the trick!!

Megan

0 Likes
dmichalik333
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for sharing the support solution, J2_66.

I just tried it and will let you know if it worked on my LG-G4

0 Likes