How do I set my phone up to receive email from my personal email account
rrlobdell

How do I set up my phone to get personal email messages.  My phone now says I cannot log into my personal email account even though I have the correct email address, and password listed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I set my phone up to receive email from my personal email account
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes you need more than just the username and password to get email set up and functioning properly.  If the email is not one of the standard (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc) but a custom domain or a local provider, you need to contact the provider to get the incoming and outgoing server information, and possibly port numbers, then use the Advanced or Manual setup to configure the email account.

It can get tricky, and you may have to try with both pop3 and imap settings to get it to work.

0 Likes
Re: How do I set my phone up to receive email from my personal email account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rrlobdell,

Getting your email is always incredibly important. I know I need to access those on the go and I'm sure you do too. We're glad to help with setting this up! What phone do you have? What type of email are you trying to set up?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes