New Text Messages - Password needed for Additional Security
STUG8885

Hello,

Since the latest android update to version 6.0.1. My Samsung S6 asks for "Password needed for Additional Security" after a new text message arrives. I have my screen unlock setting set to Fingerprints, but it keeps asking for "Password needed for Additional Security". Is there any way to change this?

0 Likes
Re: New Text Messages - Password needed for Additional Security
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help STUG8885. At what point does the phone ask you to input a password rather than the fingerprint? It is normal to ask for a password after a restart, or after 24 hours of inactivity, and when changing your security settings for the phone. Walk me through what you do when this comes up.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STUG8885

Since the update my S6 randomly requiring me to input my secondary lock screen password after it recognizes my designated fingerprint set as my screen unlock method. It'll just happen randomly, at first I thought it was only new text messages but it happens too frequent and random. I have tried different steps to resolve but no luck. 1) Disabled finger print lock to none/ restarted. 2) Turned off Trusted Agents/restarted 3) Setting Fingerprint backup to pin rather than password/restarted. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is an odd situation, STUG8885. Is anything else affected on your phone? Could you try resetting your settings? http://spr.ly/6586BL0eO Let us know what you find after this.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes