How do I delete images from my cloud account on the device?
buffalo49

I have already deleted 1100+ images from the Verizon cloud app on my computer. It was a lot easier than doing it on the device. But, they still exist on the device, a Note 5. A synch/backup does not delete them, nor does selecting them with a checkmark on the and deleting them on the device. How do I make them go away from the device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I delete images from my cloud account on the device?
NJ-Magicman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cloud backs up pictures, videos, music & other files.  That is like making a copy so if you deleted them from the cloud, you just deleted the copy.  If you also want to delete them from the phone, you have to go into the phone's gallery and delete them there as well.

Contacts, calls and messages are a sync.  That is like looking in the mirror.  If they disappear from the mirror, they are gone from the phone.

Hope this explains your situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I recently had to do the same thing with my phone to clear up storage space, buffalo49. Let’s ensure we find a solution for you. Can you please clarify where you are checking the pictures on the device to have them removed? What specific steps did you take on the phone? Are the pictures showing in the Cloud application, phone gallery, or both? Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
buffalo49

I was trying, originally, to download the phone images into my computer so that I could manage them and also because I was constipated against my maximum gig limit.

After determining that there was  no easy way, and deciding that there is not enough time in one day to delete all the images on my phone, one by one, I wrote you. Now, I don't have images on my phone or in the cloud. Here's what I did.

1. Select and download all images to the computer in a *.zip file--about 1200 of them.

2. Uploaded them to Lightroom for further management.

3. Selected and deleted images on the web.

4. Since there's no web based online option to sync the images on the device out of existence and trying to sync on the phone....neither option will delete them off the phone. When I tried to delete them from the phone, the error message said that they were no  longer resident in the cloud...duh? but, they're still on the device.

5. Uninstalled the phone app and then reinstalled it. Voila! No images.

IT OUGHT TO BE EASIER THAN THIS! I consider the issue closed unless the developers want to make it easier. That probably won't happen because the company wants us to buy more gig space. CUL

0 Likes
NJ-Magicman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah, I got it now.  Step 4 you were looking at the Verizon Cloud app on the phone and not the phone's device gallery.

My guess what happened is the cloud app hadn't caught up with all of the deletes you did on the website when you went into the app.  It must have to do a complete backup to update the local phone db.  What I think you could have done in step 5 is either wait 24 hours for a backup to refresh the local database or went into the device settings for cloud and deleted the cloud cache data. 

But, i guess it's all academic now since you got it done.

0 Likes