Streaming services and data usage
mwb70
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking of getting rid of cable but then read how many GBs streaming shows to my TV uses.  My 10GB plan would allow me maybe 3 hrs of content a month. Not worth it, obviously. Does anyone do this? Is it even possible through Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Streaming services and data usage
Weth
Legend

You would not want to cut the cord for cable TV and use cellular metered Internet for video consumption.  You want to just keep the wired  Internet to your home and get rid of TV services.  Some with old unlimited plans do this, but that loophole looks to be nearing an end. 

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

You would not want to cut the cord for cable TV and use cellular metered Internet for video consumption.  You want to just keep the wired  Internet to your home and get rid of TV services.  Some with old unlimited plans do this, but that loophole looks to be nearing an end. 

mwb70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help! I know nothing about this, so this will be the dumbest question you have heard, but how do I know how many GBs I have through my wired internet service? I use a jetpack to access the internet on my laptop and tablet ... I suppose that is wireless too. I do not have any hardwired internet service. Can I get that through Verizon?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon wireless has no hardwired Internet.  You would need Uverse, cable internet, fiber provider to get that.  These will usually be unmetered and have high limits Or no specific limit.  Jet pack is just using Verizon metered service and video will use a lot. 

mwb70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much!

0 Likes