iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello all,

I have weak cell signal in my office in the basement so I am using Verizon WIFI calling feature. I have been getting random call drops. Has anything like this happened to anyone here? My WIFI connection is strong and it is up when the calls drop. Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VLASHA68, Alternate calling options are important. Turning the feature off/on is a step in the right direction. We recommend turning the feature off and unplugging your router/modem for about three minutes. Plug the router/modem back in and reconnect.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IS cellular off?   If the phone is getting some cell signal, and trying to connect, it may not be handing off properly.

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cellular is on. Should I disable it completely when using WIFI calling?Did

not see that as a requirement for WIFI calling...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IT isn't required, but since you do have some signal, your phone may be trying to handoff to cellular, which it does very poorly from what I've heard. 

OThers  report turning off just LTE works. 

Try both and if you still have problems bother the guys in tech support to look over the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mama23dogs, thank you so much for your input.

VLASHA68, we want you to be able to maintain the phone call especially when you are using WiFi Calling. Let's ensure that you are able to stay connected. Do you have WiFi Assist turned on? If so, please turn off WiFi Assist. Settings>Phone>WiFi Assist. Are you seeing WiFi Calling in the top left corner?

ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's got to be a pain to disable LTE wireless every time I need to make

calls on WIFI and teen able when on the street.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s take a closer look into this issue, VLASHA68! Do you notice this issue happening with all WiFi calls or are the dropped calls isolated to just the office? Is it one number that you are calling or does it happen regardless of the phone number?

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not all calls are dropped, but calls that last for 40 minutes or more do

get dropped. I am usually on a conference call and connected to a business

conference bridge. I am the only one that drops and not other participants.

I do have full wifi signal strength as I am a foot from the wireless router.

On Saturday, July 23, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
VLASHA68
Enthusiast - Level 2

@VZWSupport, when I look in the settings

-->phone -->WIFI assist is not there. I only see WIFI Calling ON. Do I need

to disable it?

On Saturday, July 23, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VLASHA68,

Yes, please turn feature off and retest. Please keep us posted on any updates after turning it off.

KarenC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes