Will my current plan work in Puerto Rico?
GABYCAS91

I will be traveling to Puerto Rico in December, and I'm wondering if my current plan will work there? Essentially, I would like to know if I'll be able to use the internet, send text messages and make calls, without being charged extra. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Traveling to Puerto Rico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GABYCAS91,

That sounds like a great trip and we definitely want to make sure you have all the details before you embark. The good news is that Puerto Rico would be considered domestic usage and any usage would take from your current domestic plan. You can find all this and more with our International Trip Planner here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Traveling to Puerto Rico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GABYCAS91,

That sounds like a great trip and we definitely want to make sure you have all the details before you embark. The good news is that Puerto Rico would be considered domestic usage and any usage would take from your current domestic plan. You can find all this and more with our International Trip Planner here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/trip-planner-tool/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Will my current plan work in Puerto Rico?
gordonf238
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon wireless and travel to PR quite often, in particular the capital San Juan. My phone says CLARO instead of Verizon which means roaming. All calls I receive get dropped after 1-2 rings. The few calls that get through cut out after 5-10 seconds. 

This is true for both of my phones, an iPhone and a Samsung phone I have with Verizon Wireless.

In short, don’t expect much out of Verizon Wireless in PR. 

Re: Will my current plan work in Puerto Rico?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have service at all times gordonf238, especially when traveling, we'll be glad to help out with these issues you are having. Is this happening to only calls or other services as well? Do you have your roaming options on in the device?

0 Likes