Why don't I receive government alerts?
XRAY813
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont get weather alerts my amber alert and emergency alerts are both turned on

thanks

kat

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Government alerts not working
XRAY813
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was turned off for weather for some reason, I turned it on yesterday so now will just wait and see if it works. I imagine it will. I will email back if there are any further issues. Thank you Kathy

??

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

XRAY813, weather and amber alerts are very important to receive in emergency situations, so I completely understand the need for them. We're here to help. What is making you believe they aren't working? When did you notice this?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
XRAY813
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was a tornado warning and everyone with me had their alerts going off on their phones (different carriers) yet mine did not?

??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

XRAY813-

I know that I rely heavily upon those alerts, especially in the summer time when tornadoes are more likely to strike. Let's figure this out. You mentioned that you have the alert options turned on, which is awesome. In order to pinpoint where you are, those alerts are dependent upon your location. Do you have location services enabled on your iPhone (settings-->privacy-->location services)?

AmberK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
XRAY813
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was turned off for weather for some reason, I turned it on yesterday so now will just wait and see if it works. I imagine it will. I will email back if there are any further issues. Thank you Kathy

??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad we were able to get that figured out, XRAY813. Emergency alerts can be a bit tricky to troubleshoot. Generally we can only ensure that your phone is set up correctly to receive them. Here is some more information regarding those alerts. http://spr.ly/6585BLKyN

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Why don't I receive government alerts?
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes