My contacts keep getting deleted on my new phone
JESWOO53

I switched to a new phone not too long ago. I had transferred all of my contacts although I initially had some trouble. I kept my old phone as a wifi device and active so I didn't disable the cloud or anything. I can still see all of the old contacts on my old phone. I can also see all of my contacts when I look at the Verizon Cloud on that old phone and online when I sign in.  On my new phone, I only have one contact (it's not new and appears to be the first one on my contact list) and the cloud only shows one contact. As far as I can tell I did not create a new profile when I logged into the cloud on the new phones once both are showing my number. Can someone help me figure out what is going on and how to restore my contacts on my new phone? This happened randomly twice now. The last time I was able to restart my phone and all my contacts magically appeared. I think it is something to do with the cloud backup.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My contacts keep getting deleted on my new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we get to the bottom of this issue with your contacts disappearing. When viewing your Cloud backup, does it have all of your contacts?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JESWOO53

the contacts are there when I log into my cloud over the internet and in the app on the old phone. I wasn't sure if my lack of contacts would overwrite the contact list on the cloud so I havent backed up my contacts since. Should I do that? I can't figure out how to restore the contacts from the cloud. The content restore doesn't show contacts as an option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries JESWOO53 we will find the culprit and restore your contacts to your new phone. How did you transfer your contacts over the first time? What make/model phone do you have? Don’t sync your contacts just yet and check out this link that might help you out https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet-essentials/cloud .

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JESWOO53

I have a Moto X pure edition.  I believe that I used the Verizon Cloud to get the contacts on my new phone but I remember that I had some issue since I used the Google transfer process first but felt like that didn't work for my stuff so I used the Moto Migrate which didn't work for my contacts so I do think I used the Cloud at the end.  What can I do to get my contacts restored?  The link didn't help me figure out how to restore from a backup. Should I delete the app and do the transfer process again?  I just want to figure this out since I have years worth of contacts that I don't want to manually enter. Also, just as an FYI, I thought this was a backup so I was pretty upset to find out that if there was a glitch in the cloud that it would delete my local content.  Is there a way to prevent that from happening again?  Otherwise, I'll likely just delete the app after my content is restored and find another backup app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure we get your contacts back where they should be. Let's make sure we make a copy of your contacts before we attempt to sync them to your old phone. The steps at this link will allow you to export your contacts to your computer.

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bmgordon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had nothing but problems with my Cloud contacts since November 2015 and have tried to work with Verizon to resolve it.  I even got a new and different model phone but still have problems with the Cloud.  Verizon needs to fix their Cloud issues. Maybe all of us should switch to Sprint!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re committed to ensure that your Verizon Cloud works as intended, Barbara. What specific issues are you experiencing with your Verizon Cloud contacts? We’ll check our resources and explore ways to resolve once we know specific details of the issue. In the mean time, please visit this link and confirm that you are following the correct steps to backup your contact to the Verizon Cloud: http://spr.ly/6582B76cO

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bmgordon
Enthusiast - Level 3

It started back in November when Verizon did a "maintenance release" or so they said.  At the time I had an LG Cosmos 3 phone and nothing they did would fix the problem of contacts disappearing or being duplicated multiple times or the wrong information getting into the wrong field. This summer I got a new phone, LG K4, and now I have this new problem where I can't even access my Contacts on the Cloud because I get this usage details fetching error.  If I bypass that and manage to enter my contacts, I end up with duplicates of every contact.  I only have 69 contacts but my phone says I have over 300 !!!  Most of them say "no name" and some error code.  I give up on Verizon ever fixing the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You’ve supplied some really great information bmgordon. Let’s keep working to get to the bottom of your Cloud concerns. To start, let’s force rest the application: http://spr.ly/6589BCQM1 Then once done, if you can log in to My Verizon on a computer to complete these steps: http://spr.ly/6580BCQMG Once all done with the removal of duplicate contact, then sync with Cloud to see if this is fixed: http://spr.ly/6581BCQMH

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes