why does it say I have no freebee data? I thought we were all eligable for it?
HALESTORMER
Enthusiast - Level 2

How I can get the freebee data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why does it say I have no freebee data? I thought we were all eligable for it?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely because few services out there pay Verizon to give you freebie data,  because it's expensive for them and just silly. Try using Go90,  Verizon's media streaming app for just a little bit (30 seconds) to see if you see freebie data racking up. That should be zero rated / free.

FAQ for more info:FreeBee Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: why does it say I have no freebee data? I thought we were all eligable for it?
SteveRS
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't show how much you have. It shows how much you've used. But GOOD LUCK in finding ANYTHING for free. AOL Radio (owned by Verizon) is supposed to be a Freebee. Guess what? I got nothing free and it ate into my data allowance!

rcschnoor
Legend

Where did you hear that AOL Radio was included in FreeBee data. Aol Radio is a free service, that does not mean you wouldn't pay for the data usage for the app, simply that there is not a monthly subscription fee for the service.

0 Likes
Re: why does it say I have no freebee data?  I thought we were all eligable for it?
SteveRS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read any online article from January 2016 about Verizion's FreeBee startup.

"Verizon will launch the FreeBee program in beta on January 25, with AOL, Hearst Magazines, and Game Day on board."

AOL is owned by Verizon. I guess I just assumed that they would include AOL Radio since other providers include data free music services.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is there a reason you included a quote but not a link to an article?

Yes, I read some online articles and none of them included anything about AOL radio including free data streaming on Verizon.

0 Likes