Are there any currently known issues with devices using far more data than usual?
kilemac27

Are there any currently known issues with devices using far more data than usual? I have an iPhone 5, I have made sure to disable background app refresh, location services, wifi assist etc has all been configured to use less data. I have not been using any new apps and did not need to change these settings previously but all of a sudden I am seeing data usage that is much higher and at times I KNOW I was not using my phone or DEFINITELY connected to wifi.

Is there anyway I can see which apps have started using more data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are there any currently known issues with devices using far more data than usual?
rcschnoor
Legend

You say you have wifi assist configured to use less data. Does that mean you have wifi assist turned on or off?

0 Likes
Re: Are there any currently known issues with devices using far more data than usual?
kilemac27

It is off

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@kilemac27

I can definitely understand your concerns with higher than expected data usage using your Apple iPhone 5 device. I would love to help.

You can optimize data usage by application by following these steps: http://vz.to/1JukExX. You can also restrict cellular data for individual applications here as well. Let me know what you find.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes