S7 Edge Notification LED noise
JPSnuffy

The other day I was sitting in my recliner watching TV and my phone started making a high pitched buzzing/whining noise. The phone was plugged into the charger and the notification LED was on solid (red-ish). I picked up the phone and put it up to my ear and the noise got louder when I placed my ear over the area where the notification LED is located. Noise went away when the LED went off. Anyone else experience this?

JPSnuffy

0 Likes
Re: S7 Edge Notification LED noise
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's look into this. Has your phone been exposed to any physical/water damage? Has the issue occurred again?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JPSnuffy

@VZWSupport - I will let you know if it happens again, but to answer your other question, No I have not exposed the phone to any kind of damage.

0 Likes
JPSnuffy

It happened again.I had the phone plugged into power and after a while charging the LED turned red and I could hear a buzzing sound from the general area of the LED. Once I disconnected the phone from power the LED indicator went off and the buzzing ceased.

Note that the power supply I am using is not the one that came with the phone, but it is a Samsung AC power adapter and USB cord.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please try it with the cord and charger that came with the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You sure it's not the vibrating motor?

0 Likes