S5 to receive update on Tuesday May 31
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the Verizon website there is an update for our S5's to come Tuesday. No indication if it's Marshmallow or security patch. What's your guess?screenshot-www.verizonwireless.com 2016-05-27 15-22-12.png

0 Likes
Re: S5 to receive update on Tuesday May 31
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Saw on a different site, it's 6.0.1 with the May 1 security patch. Some are able to receive the update now.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

ok, i just took a big breath......................

0 Likes
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

What website did you see it on? I'm trying to get it early too.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 5/31/2016 date came from http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/, the link itself either isn't updated yet or the update is going to be a security patch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a message back from Verizon on Facebook and they said its Marshmallow

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Marshmallow roll-out begins today:

Samsung Galaxy S 5 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks, i'll wait & see if there's any problems.

if none, i'l turn off he note5 & re-activate my s5 to get marshmallow.

0 Likes
requa64

I updated my GS5 to 6.0.1. The download and installation took well over a half hour due to the file sizes. I briefly panicked after the phone came back up because it looked like none of the applications I had previously moved to my SD card to save space carried over -- icons were grayed out and clicking on them gave a message that the app was not installed. However, the phone soon rebooted again and the apps all appear to be working now. I haven't had time to play with it and am back at work now, so my fingers are crossed.

I did activate the HD calling feature so that I could activate Wi-Fi calling, then deactivated the Wi-Fi calling for now. I'm just thinking this will come in handy next time I travel to Canada, but not much use here where VZW has strong coverage anyway.

Dan

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might not have to activate the S5 to get the update. The last couple of updates that I had were completed on inactive devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.