I cannot get Messages set up on my Galaxy Nexus
stratman103

Hello,

I have repeatedly tried to get this app configured and I'm at my wit's end.  I have it working fine on my primary device, my Nexus 6, and also on my LG G Tab 7 and my Nexus 7.  I can install it.  But when it tries to sync with the service to connect with my account it fails.  I either get the "Failed to retrieve Security Code.  Please try to connect again later by using the Subscribe option within the Settings screen" message or "We were unable to connect your device to synchronize with Verizon Integrated Messaging service.  You can attempt to reconnect your device to Verizon Integrated Messaging through the Settings menu of the application" error message.

I have tried uninstalling the app, rebooting and reinstalling it several times with the same result.

Do you have any idea of what I can try to get this working?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot get Messages  set up on my Galaxy Nexus
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't use Verizon Messages on more than one phone with it synced to another phone. The recognizes the Galaxy Nexus as a phone and is looking for that phone's number.

You can't use it like a tablet on a phone device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to setup Verizon Messages+ on an inactive Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stratman103

I am trying it on WiFi and I even tried to install the SIM from my LG G Tab.  I get internet access with no problems, I just can't get it to complete the authentication.  The red bar will even start and it will state "Please wait, connecting to service" and it just stops there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its important to have this awesome application working on all your devices. I'm sorry you're having so many issues. Is the device active? Does your device have the latest software needed to install the application successfully?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stratman103

Yes, I have the latest software and it is able to install from the Google Play Store with no problems.  Everything works on it except this program.  For example, I am able to access the internet, Google Hangouts, etc. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't use Verizon Messages on more than one phone with it synced to another phone. The recognizes the Galaxy Nexus as a phone and is looking for that phone's number.

You can't use it like a tablet on a phone device.

0 Likes
stratman103

Aaaah, that might be the problem then.  That's curious.  I figured with an internet connection it would be good to go regardless of what the device was. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it is working as designed. The developers of the application wrote the code to verify the type of device it is installed on and determine if it is a phone or a tablet. If it is a phone regardless of carrier, it will look for the phone number associated with that phone and verify it is a active VZW number. If any part of the verification fails it won't complete the setup on that device.

0 Likes
stratman103

At least I have an answer now as to why it wasn't working.  That really had me baffled.  Thanks for your help, Ann.

0 Likes