How do I connect my jetpack to my Toshiba Laptop?
acemoose
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new TOSHIBA Satellite C55DT-C5230X Laptop PC with Windows 10.

It SEES my Jetpack but cannot connect to it-- it says something about not being able to see the IP address.  What can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack will not work on my new Toshiba Laptop. Why?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

IP Addresses are assigned to machines after they connect to a network.  Its possible you may have a static IP address assigned to your Toshiba from another network configuration.  When you then try to connect to the Jetpack that IP is either unavailable or already in use by another device.  In any case, the specific error message will be important to know as your Toshiba does not have to "see the IP Address" for any reason.

First suggestion is to make sure your Toshiba has an Automatic IP address configured to it.  That way it will take whatever IP is available from the network you are connecting to and will avoid conflicts mentioned above.

Second suggestion is to delete the wireless profile you created for your Jetpack on the Toshiba and start over.  Chances are you entered a character incorrectly and the password is invalid.  As you attempt to reconnect the same incorrect password is attempted which results in you failing to connect.

Delete Wireless Profile on Win10:

1. Navigate to Start > Search "Settings"

2. Select Settings from the results list

3. Click Network & Internet

4. Navigate to WiFi > Manage WiFi Settings

5. Scroll down and click the profile created for the Jetpack

6. Click Forget

Between setting your IP to dynamic and resetting the wireless profile you created you should be able to get connected.  If not then please capture and share the exact message you are receiving on the Toshiba for more assistance.

View solution in original post

Re: Jetpack will not work on my new Toshiba Laptop. Why?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

IP Addresses are assigned to machines after they connect to a network.  Its possible you may have a static IP address assigned to your Toshiba from another network configuration.  When you then try to connect to the Jetpack that IP is either unavailable or already in use by another device.  In any case, the specific error message will be important to know as your Toshiba does not have to "see the IP Address" for any reason.

First suggestion is to make sure your Toshiba has an Automatic IP address configured to it.  That way it will take whatever IP is available from the network you are connecting to and will avoid conflicts mentioned above.

Second suggestion is to delete the wireless profile you created for your Jetpack on the Toshiba and start over.  Chances are you entered a character incorrectly and the password is invalid.  As you attempt to reconnect the same incorrect password is attempted which results in you failing to connect.

Delete Wireless Profile on Win10:

1. Navigate to Start > Search "Settings"

2. Select Settings from the results list

3. Click Network & Internet

4. Navigate to WiFi > Manage WiFi Settings

5. Scroll down and click the profile created for the Jetpack

6. Click Forget

Between setting your IP to dynamic and resetting the wireless profile you created you should be able to get connected.  If not then please capture and share the exact message you are receiving on the Toshiba for more assistance.