Why Won't My Ellipsis 10 Play Clash Royale?
Hyphy

Just bought the ellipses 10 today. First app I downloaded was Clash Royale and when trying to open i get a black screen. Called Verizon and they said that it is considered a "high risk" application and my only choice is to return the device and buy a different one. I can play CR on my old Samsung note 3 that has barely any free memory. So obviously I am returning this device. What a poorly designed tablet if it cannot even handle playing a popular game app!! If anyone knows a fix let me know by tomorrow...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wont play Clash royale
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please update SW version.

New SW IR7_20C59 has some updates for compatibility with Clash Royale.

An active SIM card is required to update your device. To update:

1) Go to Settings > System Updates

2) Tap Check for new system update

3) Tap Download

4) Once download is complete tap Install Now

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no error beside the black screen?  Have you tried to reboot the device?  Uninstalled the app and reinstall it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Hyphy

Yes only a black screen. I have tried rebooting my device and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Hyphy

Thank you for reporting the issue you experienced with Clash Royale. We engaged the device team in this issue and they discovered that the app is not displaying properly because it is designed to run in portrait mode. Even though this is a third party app, work was done to support it and other apps that require portrait mode. Thanks to your report, they should now be supported with the next software update. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Josiahgl87

I just got this tablet and didn't know it wouldn't play Clash Royale.

I'm having the same issue as listed above was there a update to fix this issue, if not I'd like to return this tablet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only the developer of the application can make it compatible with the device. If you want to return the device, you should read the return policy linked at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless web page and figure out what h you need to do in order to return the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dearl858

Has anyone found an answer for this?

0 Likes
dearl858

When is this update?

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please update SW version.

New SW IR7_20C59 has some updates for compatibility with Clash Royale.

An active SIM card is required to update your device. To update:

1) Go to Settings > System Updates

2) Tap Check for new system update

3) Tap Download

4) Once download is complete tap Install Now

0 Likes