with the international travel plan is the first date based on the home country or the country traveling to?
cpowersgo

When traveling to Italy, I am trying to figure out if the first date of the international month to month travel plan starts based on the date of the home country or the country traveling to.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: with the international travel plan is the first date based on the home country or the country traveling to?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Weth

I'd love to jump in and clarify! There is an option to add international coverage for 30 days regardless of the bill cycle date on your account. The plan itself will automatically fall off 30 days after it's added to the account! The charge will appear the month after it falls off.

You can check out more about this plan and all our international options right here: http://vz.to/1quVEC3

Ruth_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: with the international travel plan is the first date based on the home country or the country traveling to?
Weth
Legend

You need to have the plan start retroactively to the first day of the current billing cycle you are in when you are travelling. If you do not retroactively start the plan on the first day of your billing, the plan will be pro-rated -- both cost and minutes. So if you only activate it for 1 week, you will only pay for 1 week, but you will only get 1/4 of the minutes, data, and texts, and likely end up getting charged a second time anyway when you go over.

0 Likes
cpowersgo

I was told that just changed so now it is 30 calendar days from the date of activation. And I think she said the start date was based on my home time zone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The 1 month option and auto cancel is new, but I still say it is matched to your billing cycle and not just any 30 days

From Verizon:

• Your International Data usage while traveling outside the US is covered: The International Travel Data plan will be backdated to the start of your current billing cycle.
  • The International Travel Data Plan will be removed at the end of the billing cycle, and Pay as You Go Pricing rates will be re-added.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Weth

I'd love to jump in and clarify! There is an option to add international coverage for 30 days regardless of the bill cycle date on your account. The plan itself will automatically fall off 30 days after it's added to the account! The charge will appear the month after it falls off.

You can check out more about this plan and all our international options right here: http://vz.to/1quVEC3

Ruth_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!