Why won't Starred item emails disappear after deleting them?
Kiwibru
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dropped four emails into the Starred items folder.  Now when I go to remove them with a Delete the phone says they are deleted...but they always re-appear!  Is there something I am missing or has the latest update [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] up this feature?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why won't Starred item emails disappear after deleting them?
Kiwibru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured this out.  The emails that are starred have to be removed on the server level for actions on the phone to take place.  Erase them on the server, they can be deleted from Starred Items folder on the phone no problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kiwibru, we want to make sure that your questions are properly answered. What Email provider do you use?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kiwibru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am with a local ISP.  Up until the recent Android update I had no problem deleting items from the Starred items folder. Now they are "stuck".  I am running a POP3 account not IMAP.  Emails are removed from the server by a desktop machine so it is not a re-occurring download issue.  If that was it they would be in the In foler, not the Starred items folder.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried removing the account from the phone and adding it back again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Kiwibru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured this out.  The emails that are starred have to be removed on the server level for actions on the phone to take place.  Erase them on the server, they can be deleted from Starred Items folder on the phone no problem. 

0 Likes
PCEIII

I have a Droid Turbo2. The two starred email messages in my Starred folder are long gone from my ISP server and my email computer, so your answer doesn't work for me. Has anyone else seen this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the inconvenience, we'll get this figured out. Which email account are you having trouble with?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes